Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday


I've heard that some people relax on Saturdays. Somehow, these people have no cleaning, laundry, home improvement, or car repair to tackle. How can this be? Far from being a day of relaxation, Saturday finds us bustling with activity. Why, just look above to see what wonders my garage holds today!

Now, there's no doubt that this seems like an unusual choice for the first photo of my brand spankin' new blog, but hold up: This blog's title is "Motor City Homeschool". Our family is here in 'the D' solely due to our patriarch's passion for all things automotive. 

Erik works for Chrysler, but he loves restoring his ancient BMW. But not this one. What you see above is a parts car.  As you can see in the beautiful photo above, the front end has now been removed from the rusted shell. This will allow its skilled owner to extract the treasure of its larger and more powerful engine, which will then be transplanted into the beloved 1981 528i. 

Why am I so happy? Being generous with my estimation, it has taken a couple of years to reach the completion of the parts harvest from this garage space consuming beast. I am the proud owner of a 2010 Chrysler Mommy Wagon (a.k.a., Town and Country Touring) that needs shelter. A garage space- one that I can actually drive into and let the door down behind me- is well within my grasp!



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative name! My mom gave up on ever having a garage so long ago:) Dad actually got a BMW Z3 or 4? But Cait drives it because its always breaking down. Poor baby of the family...

    ReplyDelete